Climate Change Legislation, S. Hrg. 110-516, May 20, 2008, 110-2 Hearing, *
Read Online
Share

Climate Change Legislation, S. Hrg. 110-516, May 20, 2008, 110-2 Hearing, *

  • 260 Want to read
  • ·
  • 25 Currently reading

Published by s.n. in [S.l .
Written in English


Book details:

Edition Notes

ContributionsUnited States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL23123566M

Download Climate Change Legislation, S. Hrg. 110-516, May 20, 2008, 110-2 Hearing, *

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

  PURPOSE Climate change presents a massive and growing threat to the United States, including to our national security. In November , the U.S. Global Change Research Program released Volume II of the Fourth National Climate Assessment, which concluded that climate change “is projected to significantly affect human health, the economy, and the environment in the United. climate change”); Global Climate Change Prevention Act of , 7 U.S.C. § (directing the Dept. of Agriculture to study the effects of climate change on forestry and agriculture); Energy Policy Act of , 42 U.S.C. §§ (requiring the Secretary of Energy to prepare an annual inventory of GHG emissions).   The economic damages will be large and will span across industries — Two major assessments, from the Climate Impact Lab and EPA’s Climate Change Impacts and Risk Analysis project, have estimated significant climate damages across industries such as health, labor, coastal property, agriculture, and energy. They independently concluded that. Committee on the Budget. U.S. House of Representatives E Cannon House Office Building Washington, DC ()

Climate Action Now Act. This bill requires the President to develop and update annually a plan for the United States to meet its nationally determined contribution under the Paris Agreement on climate change. (Sec. 3) In addition, the bill prohibits federal funds from . Other efforts to address climate change more holistically, including by using market-based approaches, have not advanced. Some major milestones on climate in Congress include: Senate approves U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change. The process of designing a global agreement to tackle climate change began in the early s. Legislation should take climate change into consideration to ensure taxpayer dollars are being wisely invested in long-term assets affected by climate change. Programs that help the private sector and individuals make long-term decisions about climate risks, like the National Flood Insurance Program, should be authorized.   New York State Legislature Passes Historic Act to Address Climate Change This legislation will create a new, comprehensive regulatory program that will require a broad array of greenhouse gas.

The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act sets the target of slashing planet-warming pollutants by 85 percent below levels by , and offsetting the remaining 15 percent in order to reach its net-zero goals. “It’s great to change the light bulbs, but it’s much better to change . No committee hearings are scheduled today. Find my Representative. Assembly Roster; By Your Address; Search for Legislation. Bill Search; California Law. Note: This hearing description will be updated with further information. Washington, D.C. – The Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing on Feb. 6 at a.m. in Longworth on the need to address climate change and its impacts on American communities, natural resources and . If elected, Joe Biden and his allies are preparing to pass climate change legislation, piece by piece — knowing full well that the candidate’s $2 trillion plan would be a tough sell.